Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

*Final Part* Mystery Story by Gu Shi Yu

Dear all,

This is part 3, as well as the final part, of Shi Yu's mystery story. Please enjoy it!

~Final Part~
*


Peter was frustrated. He knew there was not enough evidence to go against the murderer. He needed just one more clue…
He walked towards his house. The neighbour was hanging the family’s clothes on the lining. She said “Hi! Looks you wore a new tie today! I’ve never saw you wearing a red tie before.” “Oh, I just bought it yesterday, is it nice?”
“Yeh, fits you.”
“Thank you.”
Stepping inside his house, he remembers the conversation he had with his neighbour. “Neighbour, red tie. Heh! I got it! I should ask William’s neighbour about the murder day!” The idea sprang into his mind. “I’ll do it tonight.” he thought.
Peter went to William’s neighbour’s house. The neighbour let him in and looked as if there is something very important to tell him.
“I’m here because I want to ask about the murder. Have you seen anything unusual?”
“Oh yes of course! I didn’t tell the police that I saw something because I was not very sure about it. It was only after that before I realised it was important. I was preparing breakfast for my kids to go to school. When I was making the milk, I realize the water was too hot and takes a long time to cool down. So, I poured the water out of the window out of convenience. I bent down and saw a man, wearing a bloody shirt at about 6:00am.”
“How tall is he?”
“I think he is at the range of 1.73m to 1.75m. The man was quite tall.”
“Anything else unusual?”
“Nothing else.”
“Thanks. I’ll let you know if I have anymore questions for you.”
“Bye!”
“Bye.”
Peter went home. He was just waiting for dawn to come before he could expose everything and arrest the murder.
*
Peter woke up. Soon, he’ll be able to crack the case. He was full of energy. He got up and called the police officer.
“Hello? This is Peter. Yes, Peter Wallace. I’ve cracked the case. I’ll meet you at the police station.” Peter said.
The two met at the police station. “Bring a few men there. He might resist arrest.” Peter advised. “Alright.”
They arrive at the Charles’s house. Peter knocked on the door. Charles opened the door but dropped his jaw immediately. He was surrounded by policemen. What was he going to do?
“You are under arrest.” the officer announced. Charles’s face turned pale. How regretful he was for killing William.
The police arrested Charles and brought him to the police station. On the way, the police officer asked “How did you manage to crack the case?”
“Simple” Peter said. “When we were at the crime scene, I talked to him. We exchanged handshakes and I realized that his hand was dry and had powder-like particles on it. Since there were no fingerprints at the crime scene, it was quite clear the murderer wore gloves. When you wear gloves, you usually sweat a lot. The murderer might have put some powder to absorb the sweat.
Charles has the key to the house. That explains why there were no sign of force entry. Charles accidentally blurted out he thinks William was put to sleep first before William died. It was true. He mentioned William trusts him a lot, so maybe William said about the jewel from Sydney. Charles lost a lot in stock market recently. James and Jane also suspect him.
I went to the police station, and found out his father was killed in a hit-and-run car accident. The driver was William, but he was only given fine. He might think he should pay his life for his father’s life.
I interviewed the neighbours, and they told me they saw a man wearing a bloody shirt, which I’m very sure it’s the murderer. The man was 1.73m to 1.75m, and was very close to Charles’s height. Simple work!”
“That is why you are the famous detective in town.” The officer smiled.

~End of Story~



No comments:

Post a Comment